We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating on a world-wide level. AirX is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world.
Air X is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join the Finance team in Malta. Reporting to the Financial Operations Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist will take ownership of the accounting records concerning aircraft maintenance. The chosen candidate will be expected to work very closely with the CAMO department to ensure that reporting of maintenance spend is done accurately, timely and is monitored with set company targets.
What will you do:
- Vetting and timely posting of supplier invoices.
- Chasing of supplier invoices.
- Regular supplier statement reconciliations.
- Build and maintain supplier relationship with key aircraft maintenance suppliers.
- Adhering to suppliers’ credit terms by continuously indicating overdue invoices ready to be paid.
- Determining accurate accruals based on open PO’s.
- Ensuring timely and accurate posting of inter-company transactions.
- Inter-company reconciliations.
- Performing month end routines.
Who are we looking for:
- The ideal candidate would have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar role in an accounts payable finance function within an operational environment.
- Be in the process of attaining an accounting qualification such as ACCA.
- Ideally possess knowledge of aircraft maintenance.
- Team player, flexible and committed individual.
- Effectively communicates with all team members and across departments.
- Pro-active and able to work out of own initiative.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail.
- Possess sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- Be highly organised and efficient.
- Be able to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Fluent in English.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package together with other benefits.
- Training and professional development.
- A challenging and dynamic work environment.