Air X Jet Support UK is an EASA Part-145 maintenance company. Our engineering capabilities cover the full spectrum of services, from minor check and inspections to heavy maintenance, as well as offering rapid response AOG coverage across the UK and Europe. Our EASA Part-145 approvals endorse a large selection of business aviation jets for Line and Base maintenance including engine and avionic works for a wide variety of aircraft types as well as components.
Due to our continuous growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing & Logistics Controller to join Air X Jet Support located in Stansted, UK. The Purchasing & Logistics Controller will be reporting directly to the Air X Jet Support Accountable Manager. The chosen applicant will be responsible to provide a high standard of customer service and product delivery.
What will you do:
- Forecast levels of demand prior to scheduled maintenance inputs.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Keep track of delivery times transport costs and efficiency.
- Continuous follow up to ensure supplier and delivery commitments are met.
- Control and liaison with MCC and engineering in AOG Situations.
- Control core return processes.
- Resolve any problems and complaints.
- Ensure all sourced parts are acceptable and in accordance with company requirements.
- Control the distribution and shipping of parts in liaison with the end user.
- Control and handle any national and international import/Export and Customs declarations and paperwork.
- Control and record budgetary issues as determined by company requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with other processes, such as accounts.
- Process and approve payments and invoices.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as determined by your Manager, and/or the Company.
Who are we looking for:
- Previous aviation and purchasing experience would be considered as an asset.
- Proficient user of MS Office Applications.
- Fluent in both verbal and written English.
- Flexible with different shift patterns based on a 4 ON-4 OFF shift pattern from 07:00 to 19:00.
- Can Travel on duty trips as required by the company.
- Right to reside and work in the UK.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package.
- Training and professional development.
- A friendly and performance focused environment, where everyone’s perspective is heard, and every achievement valued.