The Aviation Procurement Specialist reports to the CEO for execution of procurement management process. The ultimate aim of this role is to achieve the best value for AirX through management of suppliers and execution of compliance in procurement management process.
- Responsible for the management of short, medium and long-term plans for AirX contract management processes and practices. The latter also includes identifying opportunities and targets to reduce AirX costs while also ameliorating performance through pre-eminent practices.
- Accountable for delivering procurement management processes within an agreed budget while achieving agreed objectives and performance targets.
- Ability to develop manage and execute cost reduction exercises.
- Drafting a Procurement Policy with the ultimate aim to be applied across the operations of AirX.
- Advises and assists the CEO on development and operation of contract management processes.
- In charge of the execution of tender processes for AirX in accordance with the respective legislation.
- Ensure that all vendors in agreement with comply with AirX safety standards at all times.
- Responsible of the management of selected suppliers and supplier contracts as well as for the development of AirX Procurement Contract Management Database.
- Support Operations Team in research to provide effective pricing and management information in support of new locations
- Assist in the development of an effective Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programme and support delivery of programme with agreed suppliers. SRM should identify cost saving and cost efficiencies through close relations with suppliers.
- Manage the timely update of financial aspects and operational databases with correct pricing data.
- Proactively engage with fuel suppliers to identity supply issues and provide solutions to support and maintain a stable 24/7 operation.
- It is pivotal for the chosen candidate to stay updated with process and practices related to procurement as well as monitoring the status of ongoing work.
- The chosen candidate may be assigned other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated high levels of verbal and written communication, human relation skills and reasoning ability.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with suppliers.
- Superior contact negotiator price, quality, and delivery schedules to maximize cost savings in order for the Company to keep in line with budget set.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to summarise data and trends clearly.
- Shall have experience in fuel procurement.
- Competency in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of the aviation industry is considered to be an asset.