We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating on a world-wide level. AirX Charter is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world.
AirX is looking for an experienced Crew Rostering Team Leader to join the Crew Planning team in Malta. The Crew Rostering Team Leader will be reporting directly to the NPGO.
The role of this position is to plan and execute the Crewing and Rostering requirements for all flights and ensures that this is done in accordance with all relevant regulations and safety requirements. This role combines the need for crew training with the normal operational schedule and interfaces with the Training Department.
Supervising the Crew Rostering Team & Delegating tasks that the below are actioned in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the production and distribution of optimized monthly and long-term rosters for Crew and which are compliant with their contracts, Company policies, applicable Flight time limitations and legal rest requirements along with assignment of crew members to flight sectors.
- Liaise and maintain communication with associated departments, including CAMO Department to and related maintenance plans.
- Maintaining communication with the post holder for crew related plans and arrangements.
- Ensure all employees are fully informed about the proposed travel plans, and/or any changes associated with them such as cancellations, refunds.
- Keep up to date with all the flight changes and maintain an open communication with all involved.
- Track all the flight changes and amend associated planning and arrangements.
- Generating reports when required by the Management about crew activity.
- Ensure that rosters are prepared in accordance with FTL regulations and variations as approved by the regulatory authority.
- Assign scheduled and standby duties in accordance with the company flight and duty limitations.
- Ensure that crew are certified, qualified and meet currency requirements in order to carry out any duty assigned to them in coordination with the Training Department.
- Communicate roster information to all crew in a timely manner.
- Computes and logs cumulative flight time for crew members and removes crew member’s name from flight schedule when FTL as prescribed by EASA has been reached.
- Responsibility for resource management to ensure that the right skills are in the right place at all times, proactively planning for peaks and troughs of activity as well as being flexible and adaptable to business pressures.
- Resolution of crew scheduling / rostering problems as and when they arise.
- Selects replacements from reserve list and notifies replacement when needed.
- Maintaining contact with crew members regarding their rotations.
- Acting as assistant Manager to Head of Crew Planning, if requested by the HOD, for tasks relevant to the roster, organization & smooth operation of the department.
Skills and Requirements
- Proficiency in Rostering and Crew Management tools with preference towards familiarity with CyberJet, the AirX crew management software.
- Flexibility with working hours and in coherence with the daily work load.
- The Crew Rostering Supervisor requires basic knowledge of the Aviation industry as a whole and will need to be able to understand the Company FTL Scheme, EASA training and licensing requirements and Crew Visa requirements/applications.
- Ideally will have at least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communicator, understanding the needs of others and answering any queries efficiently.
- Demonstrated above average ability in written communications especially in the English language.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Seasoned judgement and the ability to set priorities and take decisions.
- Be capable to manage one’s time and co-ordinate matters needing attention.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
What we offer
- A competitive salary package together with other benefits.
- Training and professional development.
- A friendly and performance focused environment, where everyone’s perspective is heard, and every achievement valued.
Interested applicants are welcome to visit our website (www.airx.aero) for more information.