We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating on a world-wide level. AirX is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world.
Air X is looking for a Purchasing and Logistics Controller to join the logistics department in Malta. reporting directly to the Purchasing & Logistics Manager.
The Purchasing & Logistics Controller is responsible for executing purchasing activities. This includes sourcing parts, price negotiation, follow up on placement of orders, affect delivery verification and invoices as well as maintaining up to date stock inventories.
Main duties (What will you do):
- Forecast levels of demand prior to scheduled maintenance inputs.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Keep track of delivery times transport costs and efficiency.
- Continuous follow up to ensure supplier and delivery commitments are met.
- Control and liaison with MCC and engineering in AOG situations.
- Control core return processes.
- Resolve any problems and complaints.
- Ensure all sourced parts are acceptable and in accordance with company requirements.
- Control the distribution and shipping of parts in liaison with the end user.
- Control and handle any national and international import/Export and Customs declarations and paper work.
- Control and record budgetary issues as determined by company requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with other processes, such as accounts.
- Process and approve payments and invoices.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as determined by your Manager, and/or the Company.
Requirements (Who are we looking for):
- Previous aviation or purchasing experience would be considered as an asset.
- Proficient user of MS Office Applications.
- Fluent in both verbal and written English.
- Flexible with different shift patterns and on call duties.
- Can Travel on business as required by the company.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package.
- Training and professional development.
- A friendly and performance focused environment, where everyone’s perspective is heard, and every achievement valued.