We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating on a world-wide level. AirX is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world.
AirX is looking for a Safety and Compliance Officer to join our Safety & Quality team in Malta. The role of the Safety & Compliance Officer will be that of assisting the Safety and Compliance Monitoring Manager (SCMM) in the day to day running of the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS), in line with all the relevant regulations. This includes identification of key hazards, risks and other associated operational matters. Together with this, under the guidance of the SCMM, he/she shall be required to carry out internal compliance audits, in accordance with the Company’s approved audit plan, ensuring that regulatory compliance is effectively being managed and maintained.
What will you do:
- Support the Safety & Compliance Monitoring Manager (SCMM) in all Safety and Compliance Monitoring
- Promote the Company’s Safety Management
- Support the Compliance Monitoring Manager (CMM) in ensuring that the compliance monitoring programme is properly implemented and
- Assist the Safety and Compliance department in maintaining a close liaison with the relevant Competent
- Assist the Aviation Security Manager in carrying out risk
- Undertake audits and inspections in accordance with the approved audit
- Support the SCMM during Authority audits and any other external audits carried out on
- Support the CMM in ensuring that all compliance monitoring department audits and inspections are documented on IQSMS, together with ensuring the effective monitoring of finding due dates and follow-ups.
- Support the CMM in ensuring effective and timely remedial action is taken in response to non-
- Carry out trend analysis on data collected from safety and compliance related functions including safety occurrence reporting, Flight Data Monitoring and Fatigue
- Identify safety hazards and undertake safety risk assessments when
- Participate in meetings related to Management of Change, Safety and Compliance
- Conduct internal training related to Safety and Compliance as may be
- Performs any other task related to the position as delegated by the CMM/SMM.
Who are we looking for:
- 2 years of work experience within the aviation industry.
- Proficient understanding of EASA regulations (Air Ops, SMS regulations, Part 145, Part M/CAMO).
- Appropriate experience and knowledge in Safety Management Systems.
- Experience in auditing techniques will be considered an asset.
- An engineering degree or an EASA Part 66 license or an ATPL qualification is preferred, however, related experience will also be considered.
- Proficient in the use of computer systems.
- Team player and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Internal training will be provided.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package together with other benefits.
- Training and professional development.
- A challenging and dynamic work environment.