Air X Jet Support Ltd. is an EASA Part-145 maintenance company. Our engineering capabilities cover the full spectrum of services, from minor check and inspections to heavy maintenance, as well as offering rapid response AOG coverage across the UK and Europe. Our EASA Part 145 approvals endorse a large selection of business aviation jets for Line and Base maintenance including engine and avionic works for a wide variety of aircraft types as well as components.
Due to our continuous growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Stores and Logistics Material Controller to join Air X Jet Support located in Stansted, UK. The Stores and Logistics Material Controller will be reporting directly to the AirX Jet Support Stores Supervisor. The role will involve assisting with the day to day running of a busy Stores department to provide a proactive and efficient service. This role will require a flexible approach and the ability to multitask is essential.
What will you do:
- Assist with the day to day running of the Stores Department.
- Supplying tooling, consumables, parts and rotable aircraft parts to engineers.
- Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aircraft parts in line with operational and regulatory procedures.
- Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards.
- Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods.
- Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf-life items and tooling due for calibration.
- Produce Purchase Orders and Repair Orders for the department.
- Maintaining logs and archiving files.
- Ensuring that the control and disposal of waste products are in line with company and environmental regulations.
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment while optimising space utilisation.
- To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimise cost.
- Ensuring the best level of service is offered and maintained for both internal and external customers.
- Driving of company vehicles.
- Flexible to work different shift patterns as determined by the Company.
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company.
Who are we looking for:
- Stores Inspection/Quality Approval in a 145-maintenance environment.
- Experience in logistics environment within the Aviation industry would be considered advantageous.
- Previous experience with regards to Quality Inspection.
- Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Full Clean UK Driving License.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package.
- Training and professional development.
- A friendly and performance focused environment, where everyone’s perspective is heard, and every achievement valued.