We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating on a world-wide level. AirX Charter is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world.
AirX is looking for an experienced Crew Rostering Officer to join the Crew Planning team in Malta. The Crew Rostering Officer will be reporting directly to the Head of Crew Planning.
To plan and execute the Crewing requirements for all flights and ensures that this is done in accordance with all relevant regulations and safety requirements. Responsible for booking, change, extend or cancel all travel arrangements for Air X cabin crew and company personnel.
Responsible for the production and updating of flight and cabin crew rosters based on available manpower as well as national/international and company policies and procedures taking into consideration training, licenses, leave, qualifications, standby coverage, cost, fairness and consistency in allocation of duties, etc. Liaise with Chief Pilot and Cabin Services for individual crew requests. Liaise with OPS for all enquires and changes to flights on schedule for legality and logistical requirements.
What will you do:
- Accountable for the production and distribution of optimized monthly and long-term rosters for Crew and which are compliant with their contracts, Company policies, applicable Flight time limitations and legal rest requirements along with assignment of crew members to flight sectors.
- Flight reservations, accommodation and transportation arrangements using different booking platforms.
- Liaise and maintain communication with associated departments, including CAMO Department to and related maintenance plans.
- Maintaining communication with the post holder for crew related plans and arrangements.
- Promptly manage end to end travel itineraries within the agreed company budget by being creative and finding the best solutions.
- Track all the flight changes and amend associated planning and arrangements.
- Ensure that rosters are prepared in accordance with FTL regulations and variations as approved by the regulatory authority.
- Assign scheduled and standby duties in accordance with the company flight and duty limitations.
- Ensure that crew are certified, qualified and meet currency requirements in order to carry out any duty assigned to them in coordination with the Training Department.
- Communicate roster information to all crew in a timely manner.
- Computes and logs cumulative flight time for crew members and removes crew member’s name from flight schedule when FTL as prescribed by EASA has been reached.
- Resolution of crew scheduling / rostering problems as and when they arise.
- Selects replacements from reserve list and notifies replacement when needed.
- Maintaining contact with crew members regarding their rotations.
- Updating the scheduling system with the planned roster and the actual duty.
Who are we looking for:
- Basic knowledge of the Aviation industry as a whole and will need to be able to understand the Company FTL Scheme, EASA training and licensing requirements and Crew Visa requirements/applications.
- Ideally will have at least one (1) year experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written, especially in English, whilst understanding the needs of others and answering any queries efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- IATA certified – working knowledge of Amadeus or Sabre would be an advantage.
- Familiar with different reservation systems.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package together with other benefits;
- Training and professional development;
- A friendly and performance focused environment, where everyone’s perspective is heard, and every achievement valued.