We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating on a world-wide level. AirX is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world.
AirX is looking for an experienced Crew Planning Officer to join the Crew Planning team in Malta. The Crew Planning Officer will be reporting directly to the Head of Crew Planning.
What will you do:
- Accountable for the production and distribution of optimized monthly and long-term rosters for Crew and which are compliant with their contracts, Company policies, applicable Flight time limitations and legal rest requirements along with assignment of crew members to flight sectors.
- Flight reservations, accommodation and transportation arrangements using different booking platforms.
- Liaise and maintain communication with associated departments, including CAMO Department to and related maintenance plans.
- Promptly manage end to end travel itineraries within the agreed company budget by being creative and finding the best solutions.
- Ensure all employees are fully informed about the proposed travel plans, and/or any changes associated with them such as cancellations, refunds.
- Keep up to date with all the flight changes and maintain an open communication with all involved.
- Track all the flight changes and amend associated planning and arrangements.
- Ensure that rosters are prepared in accordance with FTL regulations and variations as approved by the regulatory authority.
- Ensure that crew are certified, qualified and meet currency requirements in order to carry out any duty assigned to them in coordination with the Training Department.
- Communicate roster information to all crew in a timely manner.
- Computes and logs cumulative flight time for crew members and removes crew member’s name from flight schedule when FTL as prescribed by EASA has been reached.
- Resolution of crew scheduling / rostering problems as and when they arise.
- Selects replacements from reserve list and notifies replacement when needed.
- May notify crew members of last-minute assignments using telephone.
- Schedules OFF days as requested by crew members.
- Maintaining contact with Fleet Chiefs and Crew members regarding their rotations.
- Updating the scheduling system with the planned roster and the actual duty.
Who are we looking for:
- Basic knowledge of the Aviation industry as a whole and will need to be able to understand the Company FTL Scheme, EASA training and licensing requirements and Crew Visa requirements/applications.
- Ideally will have at least one (1) year experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written, especially in English, whilst understanding the needs of others and answering any queries efficiently.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Previous Business Aviation or high-end Travel Agent experience preferred.
- IATA certified – working knowledge of Amadeus or Sabre would be an advantage.
- Familiar with different reservation systems.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package together with other benefits.
- Training and professional development.
- A friendly and performance focused environment, where everyone’s perspective is heard, and every achievement valued.