Due to our continuous growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Flight Crew Planner to join our team.
The role of this position is to plan and execute the Crewing requirements for all flights and ensures that this is done in accordance with all relevant regulations and safety requirements. This role combines the need for Crew training with the normal operational schedule and interfaces with the Training Department.
- Accountable for the production and distribution of optimized monthly and long-term rosters for Crew and which are compliant with their contracts, Company policies, applicable Flight time limitations and legal rest requirements.
- Ensure that rosters are prepared in accordance with FTL regulations and variations as approved by the regulatory authority.
- Assign scheduled and standby duties in accordance with the company flight and duty limitations.
- Ensure that Crew are certified, qualified and meet currency requirements in order to carry out any duty assigned to them in coordination with the Training Department.
- Communicate roster information to all Crew in a timely manner.
- Computes and logs cumulative flight time for Crew members and removes Crew member’s name from flight schedule when FTL as prescribed by EASA has been reached.
- Responsibility for resource management to ensure that the right skills are in the right place at all times, proactively planning for peaks and troughs of activity as well as being flexible and adaptable to business pressures.
- Resolution of Crew scheduling / rostering problems as and when they arise.
- Selects replacements from reserve list and notifies replacement when needed.
- May notify Crew members of last-minute assignments using telephone.
- Schedules vacations as requested by Crew members.
- Maintaining contact with Crew members regarding their rotations.
- Updating the scheduling system with the planned roster and the actual duty.
- Assigning Crew members to flight sectors during office hours.
- Maintaining communication with the Post-holder for Crew training plans.
- Liaison with Travel Department, regarding the arrangement of Crew travel and hotel accommodation as necessary.
- Maintaining communication with the Operations Department as necessary.
- Maintaining communication with CAMO Department to get daily updates on maintenance plans.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the field of Word Processing, Excel, and other job-related computer software.
- Willing to attend training courses related to the post if required.
- The Flight Crew Planner requires basic knowledge of the Aviation industry as a whole and will need to be able to understand the Company FTL Scheme, EASA training and licensing requirements and Crew Visa requirements/applications.
- Ideally will have at least 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge and computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other job position related software applications;
- Excellent communicator, understanding the needs of others and answering any queries efficiently.
- Demonstrated above average ability in written communications especially in the English language.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Seasoned judgement and the ability to set priorities and take decisions.
- Be capable to manage one’s time and co-ordinate matters needing attention.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Maintain the required confidentiality.
Why should you join us?
- A competitive salary package together with other benefits;
- Training and professional development;
- A challenging and dynamic work environment.