We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating on a world-wide level. AirX is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world.
Air X is seeking to recruit a Flight Operations Officer to join the Operations team in Malta. The role of this position is to assist in planning flight routes, taking into account aircraft performance and loading, weather limitations, airport conditions, arranging all ground handling aircraft parking spots, coordinates passenger, cargo and fuel loading as well as taking care of all handling and permits.
What will you do:
- Exercising operational control within safe efficient planning and monitoring of a flight.
- Studying aircraft performance and limitations; making sound decisions on flight acceptance.
- Providing day -to-day admin., functional and technical direction to Flight Dispatch and Load Planning.
- Analysing operational conditions; identifying and resolving issues which can restrict operations due to unexpected events such as the weather, unavailable slots etc.
- Arranging various services for the flights in the airports of operation, this includes handling services, slots and permits.
- Scheduling the Fleet while respecting the crew duty times and financial budget.
- Providing Pilot-in-Command with a thorough and professional crew briefing, covering all significant information which may impact the operation of the flight.
- Initiating ERP; assessing and issuing Flight Incident Reports; maintaining a written log during the incident.
- Resolving and communicating with all involved any operational limitations as required.
- Liaising with Team Leader and Senior Operations Officers, for the purposes of maintaining dispatch standard operating procedures and all applicable sections of the Company Operations Manual.
- Running Reports and statistics related to Operational matters.
- Coordinating cargo specific operations.
Who are we looking for:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Flight Dispatcher with a preference towards certification and license holders.
- Fluent English (spoken and written) and optimum IT literacy, including familiarity with flight planning systems.
- Basic knowledge of cargo operations and related parameters ( Process, procedure, documentation ,etc..)
- Well organized with the ability to multitask, handle a fast paced-high pressure environment, work in a dynamic team environment and on self-initiative.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package together with other benefits.
- Training and professional development.
- A friendly and performance focused environment, where everyone’s perspective is heard, and every achievement valued.
Interested applicants are welcome to visit our website (www.airx.aero) for more information.