We are a dynamically growing company in the Air Chartering business with a diverse fleet operating worldwide. AirX is an international company offering exposure to various markets and jurisdictions from around the world.
AirX Charter is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our payroll team in Malta reporting directly to the Group Human Resources Director capable of handling all aspects of the payroll function. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing multiple tasks throughout their day while maintaining a high level of accuracy in their work and production.
The role of a Payroll Specialist is primarily responsible for processing payroll and maintaining the employee database regarding salary and pay as well as consolidating information and calculating pay check amounts.
This role ensures that all stakeholders are kept informed, that the various and different payroll and related processes are administered appropriately; that assigned tasks are delivered within scope, schedule, budget and quality, and accuracy levels are consistent.
What will you do:
- Process and administer the payroll for all employees.
- Assist with the administration of corporate allowances, bonuses and per diems.
- Respond to payroll, taxation and social security queries.
- Contribute to the development of the in-house system.
- Maintain up to date vacation & sick leave records.
- Administer the collection of payroll related data through the on-boarding process and maintain personnel database.
- Frequently update all records on our database.
- Follow enrolment procedures in line with Employment Law.
- Collects employee time information from timesheets, reviews for accuracy and completeness, and follows up on missing or unapproved timesheets.
- Assists employees with payroll questions and issues.
- Assists employees with timesheet questions and issues.
- Participates in special payroll projects as assigned.
Who are we looking for:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of processing payroll.
- Existing knowledge of payroll matter.
- Fluent English (spoken and written).
- A good level of IT literacy incl. Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with using accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics and Shireburn are deemed to be an asset.
- An ability to interpret financial information to others.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Candidate must have the right to work and live in Malta.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package.
- Training and professional development.
- A friendly and performance focused environment, where everyone’s perspective is heard, and every achievement valued.